Our Crazy Class!

Our Crazy Class!
I love my job and getting to spend each day with this kiddos!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tests sent home today!

I told the students that I would type in the blog to explain the tests the students got back today. The unit 1 test as well as the Context Clues test the students took are not weighted like a full test. They are only weighted .75 of a grade rather than 1.

This was something that the students could not understand but as parents I knew you would. Some of the kiddos were very upset with their grades and I told them that the unit test is an overview of what they remember and it was a test that was set up differently that any that they have seen so far. The first of these are always the lowest of the unit tests because the students are not used to the set up of the test and are flustered when trying to recall information from previous tests.

Students were upset about scores and I was trying to reassure them that they will not affect their grades as much as they think they will.

If anyone has any questions please email me at dincher_a@lasd.us


No comments:

Post a Comment